The Madras College Parent Council exists to support parental involvement in the school, and to help parents and carers develop a closer relationship with those responsible for our children’s education. The main aims of the Council are;
- to work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school
- to be inclusive for all (parents, pupils, teachers, wider community)
- to promote partnerships between the school, its pupils, all its parents and community
- to develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of pupils
- to identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school, and on other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
The Parent Council comprises up to 40 parents/carers as well as various other interested parties. However all those who are responsible for a child at Madras College are welcome to join the Parent Forum, and it is from this body that the members of the Parent Council are elected.