I am pleased to share with you the Easter School 2022 offer for all students over the Easter break.
Easter School by Date
These sessions will be delivered at Madras College in-person and have the potential to provide a significant level of support and help to build confidence for learners in the lead up to examinations starting. Sessions will run for 2.5-hour blocks of time
AM 9.30 - 12.00 PM 12.30 - 3.00
and in many cases, will focus on a particular theme - the detail of which is noted on the timetable. Also attached is a simple grid to help you to plan attendance at the sessions.
The following arrangements will apply for each day:
- Study sessions will run from the rooms identified on the timetable only.
- As this is a holiday period, the building will close when the afternoon sessions end at 3 pm.
- Entrance/exit will be from the dining hall door at the side of the building only - learners should not enter or leave by any other route.
- All learners should sign in upon arrival in the dining hall area and indicate whether they are attending AM, PM or both sessions.
- Accessible toilets on each floor will be open throughout the day - toilet blocks will be closed to minimise cleaning requirements.
- Lunch for those in receipt of free school meals will be provided - a small number of additional lunches will be available to others between 12-12.30.
- Travel expenses to cover bus fares can be refunded after the holiday period - sign in registers and class registers will be used to provide proof of attendance.
- In the event of a fire alarm (none planned), learners will be escorted from the building by teachers to the assembly point for that room.
I hope that you find this offer helpful and reassuring in the lead up to SQA examinations.