Environmental Science - Higher
Ms Norrie and Mrs Barbour are teaching Environmental Science this year.
The Living Environment
- Investigating ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Human influences on biodiversity
- The Geosphere
- The Hydrosphere
- The Biosphere
- The Atmosphere
- Global Challenges
- Waste Management
- Anthropogenic Climate Change
- SQA Exam - Question Paper 1 - 20 marks - 45 minutes
- SQA Exam - Question Paper 2 - 100 marks - 2 hours 30 minutes
- SQA Course Assignment - 30 marks - 8 hours for Research, 2 hours for Report under exam conditions.
Pupil will be required to collect and analyse data. More information on this will be given to pupils later.
We hope to be able to take the pupils out and complete some fieldwork.
- Ongoing Assessment - homework and end of unit tests
- SQA Higher Environmental Science Homepage
- SQA Higher Environmental Science Course Specification
- Microsoft TEAMS – All pupils have been added to the Environmental Science Team.
- Through their GLOW log in, pupils have access to the full suite of Office 365 including outlook email, word, PowerPoint, excel and a class notebook attached to their team where work can be stored and organised.
- TEAMS will be updated with resources – pupils should check on a regular basis.