Programme ideas: Expedition section
When completing each section of your DofE, you should develop a programme which is specific and relevant to you. This page gives you a list of ideas that you could do or you could use it as a starting point to create an Expedition of your own! Remember, it’s always your adventure: Going on an expedition gives you the chance to have an adventure, work as a team, and act on your own initiative.
You should read the following document: 20 Conditions for Expedition Assessment
How long should I do activities for the Expedition section?
Level Minimum time:
Bronze 2 days and 1 night. At least 6 hours during the daytime (at least 3 of which must be spent journeying).
Silver 3 days and 2 nights. At least 7 hours during the daytime (at least 3 1/2 of which must be spent journeying).
Gold 4 days and 3 nights. At least 8 hours during the daytime (at least 4 of which must be spent journeying).
- Studying insect life on the South Downs.
- Exploring teamwork by nominating a different leader each day.
- Searching for forms of fungi, recording and sketching them.
- Planning a route around three of the places that inspired Wordsworth’s poems in the Lake District.
- Considering the impact of tourism on the flora and fauna of the French Alps.
- Drawing all the different star constellations you can see.
- Creating a photo guide to the Countryside Code round the Mourne Mountains.
- Human impact in a popular hiking area
- Geographical features of the Borders region
- River study of the river Dee