Welcome to the Expressive Arts Faculty.
The faculty consists of Art, Drama and Music with each subject team teaching their own specialism in addition to linking with each other to produce an exciting and enjoyable experience for pupils.
The expressive arts play a vital role in enabling young people to enhance their creative talent and develop their artistic skills. By engaging in the experiences within the faculty, pupils will recognise and represent feelings and emotions, both their own and those of others. Faculty staff encourage pupils to develop an appreciation of our personal, social and cultural identity.
‘Learning in, through and about the expressive arts enables children and young people to:
- be creative and express themselves in different ways
- experience enjoyment and contribute to other people’s enjoyment through creative and expressive performance and presentation
- develop important skills, both those specific to the expressive srts and those which are transferable
- develop an appreciation of aesthetic and cultural values, identities and, for some,
- prepare for advanced learning and future careers by building foundations for excellence in the expressive arts.
Building the Curriculum 1
Faculty staff also endeavour to provide a wide range of artistic experiences through working with arts professionals and developing links with local, regional and national arts organisations. Many opportunities are provided for pupils to experience visits to art, drama and music based work throughout the country. In addition, there are a multitude of extra-curricular expressive arts based activities.